Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$500.00

0 Donations:
$0.00

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-18) epsi42 $10.00
Death.FM (Sep-16) DonnTD1 $29.45
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-9) klingon50 $10.00
Entranced.FM (Sep-1) sonia $25.00
1980s.FM (Sep-1) SeclusionSolution $250.55

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

PR: ABYSS RECORDS Extreme Underground Metal Music Label
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 164, 165, 166  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 13491

MichaelMcCoyII is offline View user's profile Send private message MichaelMcCoyII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

SLAYER - IRON EAGLE T-SHIRT (X-LARGE only) - $20.00 + S/H

FRONT:

BACK:

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_30&products_id=3180
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

MichaelMcCoyII is offline View user's profile Send private message MichaelMcCoyII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

MAAX (U.S.) Unholy Rock & Roll DIGI CD review by http://chaosvault.com

By chaosvault

Somehow I always had, that the United associating me with the bands Death and Thrash metal is probably due to the big names. Few other hand comes from this country things zwianych of Black Metal ...
Maybe not so little, but converting the number of Black Metal bands on the number of residents in the U.S. is rather little of the scum crawling out from underground. A and I are somehow in contact with the great black metal from overseas do not have and can therefore Maax and his latest work , " Unholy Rock & Roll " fairly quickly it coincided with my taste. In fact, Black Metal in the case of Maax is not everything, because I love animals but men burn with no less sympathy for the high-proof alcoholic drinks and old Heavy Metal. This is the first to hear the vocals Tim przepitych that probably for the best results from each concert on the bugle call crashes 0.7 Johnny Walker. And the other, or Heavy Metal can be heard almost everywhere. Melodic fragments in the pattern of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden songs sneak by almost all the time and even further remarkable solos add a whole even greater feelingu (but this is zjebane word, but it fits me like never here hehe). Listening to this CD I still have a compelling combination that some of the inspiration for her recordings were also taken from the works of the immortal king of perversion and obscenizmu, my personal hero U.S. national, or GG Allin.
You can hear on this record that the team likes to play properly napierdolić and satanic rock and roll, a great pleasure to them to question, and even I think no less, because listening to " Unholy Rock & Roll " overlaps with an appetite for vodka kuplami and a trip to church with crowbars and axes in hand hehe.

Rating: 8 / 10

This review was originally written in Polish and has been translated using Google Translate. To view the original review in Polish click the link below...

Review link: http://chaosvault.com/recenzje/maax-unholy-rock-roll/

Maax links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/maaxmetal

Facebook: www.facebook.com/maaxmetal

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/maax

Abyss Records links:

Online Label & Online Music Store: www.officialabyssrecords.com

Myspace: www.myspace.com/abyssrecordsofficial

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Abyss-Records/164573050232055

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/label/abyssrecords

Last fm: www.last.fm/label/AbyssRecords

Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/MinionfortheAbyss

Other links:

To purchase MAAX - Unholy Rock & Roll DIGI CD and other Maax merchandise go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=maax

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYmZLEnfZ1o

To preview a song from their 2010 release "Six Pack Witchcraft" go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNCctZobOE

and to preview a song from their debut album "Dawnbringer" go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNDPFcYcdw

MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

THOUSAND YEAR WAR (U.S.) Interview by http://graveconcernsezine.com

By Phill Bruce

Interview - Thousand Year War - From Solitude To Brutal Metal

Thousand Year War are a thunderous death metal band hailing from Alaska. Hot off the press is their new album Tyrants and Men. I got chance to catch up with Hiram Lohr from Thousand Year War and here is how it went.

GC – Thank you so much for Grave Concerns this interview. First off can you tell us a little bit of a background about yourself and where in this beautiful world you are from?

Hiram – Well, I’m Hiram Lohr (Guitar, Vocals, and Lyrics) and started Thousand Year War in the winter of 2008 in a little town by the Canadian Border in Haines, Alaska. As far as my background the last years in my life have been hitch hiking through the States, volunteering for Buffalo Field Campaign (Organisation working to protect Montana’s last wild buffalo herd), commercial fishing in Alaska, working tirelessly and endlessly for promotion and completion of Tyrants and Men and finally starting a little family of my own. Right now I am back where I grew up in a little farm in Northern California for the holidays getting ready to make a move near Portland, Oregon.

GC – What was life like growing up in Alaska?

Hiram – I was a transplant there actually, moved up in ‘07. I can say life is much different up there. Your relationship to the earth/natural order is very real so to speak. You learn to hunt/fish/gather real quick or face the outrageous prices for food there. Of course it’s fun believe it or not being able to do subsistence fishing or killing the food you eat. It’s a place of wild extremes and stunning beauty. People live very interesting lives there to say the least.

GC – How has it been getting Tyrants and Men out there, have you come across any stumbling blocks?

Hiram – It took a tremendous amount of work and sacrifice. At one point me and form member Kellen were eating cottage cheese sandwiches being so broke from funding the recording. I spent over a month at sea commercial fishing in Bristol Bay to fund the recording. There were some teeth grinding raw effort put into it. After it was recorded I can’t tell you how many countless hours I put into label shopping and promoting just on my own. Fredrik helped tremendously by hooking us up with Fredrik Lunneborg of Primecut studios to master and referring us to Abyss Records. It’s been a wild ride to say the least, but I’m sure readers won’t want to read 30 pages of the details

GC – What is the meaning behind your name Thousand Year War?

Hiram – I thought of the name Thousand Year War after the world came out of the Tyrannical rule of President Bush. I thought the wars he waged and others continue to wage as a seemingly religious battle paralleled those close to a thousand years ago by the Crusaders. Thus thousand year war. My wife actually suggested we use the name of the song Thousand Year War when we were called Shadow of the Colossus and it made so much sense.

GC – At what point in your life did you decide to form your band and why?

Hiram – I think I was 26 and I had just got back from set netting in a remote area about 150 miles above Yakutat, Alaska (Only reachable by plane or boat) and I was at a point in my life where I wanted complete detachment from humanity and spent days to weeks in isolation writing music and deprogramming my mind from what seems like subliminally institutionalized by our modern world. I realized that I wanted to write heavy hard hitting music in the melodic death metal vein that would reach out and inspire an audience. I have been working on music for years since I was 19 that was much more primitive and archaic
black metal, but throughout that time I had a strong desire to delve into something that used more solid song writing and guitar talent while still centralizing a big focus onto making a powerful atmosphere.

GC – Did that isolation provide you with the inspiration you were looking for?

Hiram – Yeah definitely. It helped me who I was as a person and discover what I wanted to achieve as a musician. I have a heart for atmosphere and moving compositions but also a strong desire to get out live and write more structured songs. It was a medium I was discovering and the solitary time was just what I needed.

GC – How did your early bands set you up for Thousand Year War?

Hiram – They all really helped with the foundation. Some of the riffs that are used in this first album are from projects or ideas years before. It took a lot of trial and error to get where I’m at as a songwriter and musician! In my early days at around 19-20 I recorded a whole album without a metronome....ha ha ha I look back and wonder WTF was I thinking??? I really learned a lot about song writing and recording since then!! But everything that I was a part of or did on my own was simply a foundation for my true heart and passion which is TYW.

GC – Who besides yourself is in the band and what background are they from?

Hiram – Right now I have as session musicians Fredrik Widigs-drums (Live Witchery, Live Demonical, ex-angrepp, the Ugly) and Pablo Magallanes-Guitar/Bass (Live Demonical, Live Internment). Fredrik has been involved in numerous bands and projects that range from Death, Black, Slam, Thrash and even more indie rock on one recent project I have heard. He is absolutely phenomenal, one of the most professional and outstanding metal musicians in the world in my opinion. Working with him has helped TYW tremendously. Pablo has been playing live for Demonical and Internment and I know he has been involved in several other bands too. This is my first time working with him and I have nothing but good things to say and am very happy to be working with a guitarist with so much skill and dedication.

GC – Both musicians sound amazing guys, what do you feel they have truly brought to Thousand Year War?

Hiram – Well, Pablo has yet to play on a TYW release. He will be soon but the dynamic between me and former member Kellen really brought around and sculpted the solid sound for Tyrants and Men, Fredrik was the icing on the cake. Between the three of us there was a real solid song writing, melody and brutality. Now of course there will be a different element as it will be just me writing the songs maybe with another permanent member, I’m not sure yet.

GC – What are your musical influences?

Hiram – My musical influences range from Amon Amarth, Astriaal, Rotting Christ, Twin Obscenity, Phillip Glass, Satyricon, Satariel and Skeleton Witch to name a few. More importantly are my natural surroundings. Nature has a huge impact upon my soul and school of thought from the moment I wake to sleep. Rebellion and opposition to our leaders and governments, social injustice and ecological tragedy also have a huge influence on my music and lyrics. Specific band influences are having less and less of an effect on my song writing nowadays. You can see that musical influences did affect my song writing in Tyrants and Men, but in this new EP Vulture Eyes you will hardly notice that and the next full length after this EP TYW will have developed its very own sound.

GC – Is there any one thing about the world today be it a certain disaster or event that has really influenced you to write?

Hiram – I think the question is there anything in the world that DOESN’T influence me to write Wink In short, my main influence is the corruption and overall deception that is led by world leaders and governments. It’s sickening and if you’re not enraged, you’re not paying attention and a lot of people aren’t. Nature is a huge influence on me, I love it. Who doesn’t? There is nothing like breathing clean air, drinking clean water and just being in the woods and feeling that peace like no other.

GC – For those who haven’t yet heard Tyrants and Men, what is the main theme to the album?

Hiram – Essentially.....LIVE FREE OR DIE! Yeah I know it’s on a license plate and pretty generic but that’s what I want to inspire into people’s minds. Challenge the general consensus and sheep way of thinking. Revolt against the nonsense, food/garbage, media, and general filth trappings being piled down our throats. Someone tells you it’s normal to slave 40 plus hours a week at some soul sucking job and come home to a box in a suburban shit street named after what was destroyed to make it. Ask them, WHAT THE FUCK FOR? Fist the face of all who try and imprison you to that sort of hell!!

GC – How would you describe the music you make?

Hiram – The music I make is crushing melodic death metal with open fast picking riffs that get into your head with memorable and meaningful lyrics that are written to inspire and help question this sort of subliminal reality nightmarish dream scape we are presented with in life. Although material I am writing on now tends to be on the darker side and more in the black metal vein. I’m slowly warping and transforming TYW into a band with very unique riffing and more black metal sounding. Straying from the traditional Swedish death metal
while still circling around it.

GC – In 3 words describe Thousand Year War?

Hiram – Angry Crushing Metal

GC – How much of an effect do you think that the Swedish metal bands have had on the world’s metal scene?

Hiram – Hails the Swedes, seriously! Well all the Scandinavians have so much vision, heart, and passion out of the northern European scenes. They took the great riffage and song writing of American Metal and pumped it full of feeling and expression. Not to say there were not American bands that did that but the Scandinavian approach to metal was a game changer.

GC – Where do you see your band in five years and what are your hopes for the future?

Hiram – I hope to be doing a full length every year, so hopefully 6 albums deep with every one of them better and more creative than the last. Hopefully we will have made a name for ourselves and contending with the major acts in metal! I would like to establish a touring line up for a yearly US Tour and European tour. My hope is to get out on tour twice a year or every 5 to 6 months. I’m really hoping to focus on touring and making more albums rather than keeping up with the drama and cliques of a local band.

GC – Is there any country in Europe that you would truly like to play?

Hiram – HELL yeah!! Every single one of them. I wish I lived in Europe! Sweden of course, number 1 Sweden. Then all of the other northern countries and work my way throughout all of Europe. Very interested in Europe and getting live there!

GC – If you could share the bill with 4 other bands who would you like to share the bill with?

Hiram – Good question. Any band on Abyss Records! Finntroll, they are something else!! Immortal, Amorphis, Ceremonial Castings and Kampar!

GC – Is there any place or venue you would like to play at and why?

Hiram – One place I would really like to play is Hawthorne Theatre in Portland, OR. They get really good quality big shows there. My short term goal is for a mini tour in the U.S. and that is definitely a place I would really like to play! Another place is Wacken for sure. I mean that is just a dream to play there of course. And anywhere in Europe would be ideal. It seems like the fan base is phenomenal for metal! Another area is South America too. Fans there also seem very dedicated to the metal.

GC – How do you feel the metal scene has changed since you started listening to metal?

Hiram – It’s gotten really trendy and popular lately. I don’t really think that’s a great thing because I would trade 12 trendy scensters for 1 real metal fan! A lot of this dumbass death core shit that these fake metal posers love so much. Used to be 10 years ago you told someone you were into death or black metal they would do a back flip and run screaming from you! But hey, that was kind of nice because we were untouched by the same lame douchebags that were jumping on the punk rock train and turning it into a travelling circus. Mail ordering CD’s/Records and reading about bands in obscure zines was the shit! It was all so mysterious and cult.

GC – What was the band that got you into metal?

Hiram- Rigor Mortis! I remember watching a video of some thrash bands when I was 8 or 9 on TV at my mom’s friend’s house and the bassist cut his hand open bleeding all over the place. I didn’t know what was going on, but I knew what I was seeing was bad to the ass! My aunt Connie (RIP) sent me a Rigor Mortis cassette in the mail a little later and it was all over. It was singing CATTLE MUTILATION over and over. Such a bad ass band!

GC – Without giving too much away is there any instrument or program you wouldn’t be without and why?

Hiram – Guitar of course, so many songs are very guitar riff oriented in TYW. But Guitar, bass, and drums in this band all have an extremely important part in the music of TYW...so I couldn’t go on without any of them. Program? Guitar Pro!!! We are endorsed by this program, but we would not be where we are at now without the help of Guitar Pro. It made getting musicians from other parts of the world a reality and to us it was a necessity. We could not find someone to fill the spot on drums in Alaska and with guitar pro we were able to get all the songs transcribed to Guitar Pro and drums recorded. I will be transcribing all songs this way for here on out. Invaluable resource.

GC – What is the guitar you like to play at the moment?

Hiram – I was playing a ESP EC-1000 with EMG 81/85’s. Dream guitar! It was my baby and I loved it!!!!! Now, believe it or not, I’m playing a Takamine acoustic. I sold my pride and joy to fund TYW’s new recording and I’m heartbroken over it. Know how hard it is to learn Iron Maiden solos on a damned infernal acoustic!?!?!?!?

GC – Ok a little fun now. Desert Island MP3s lol. What album, movie and book would you like to be stranded with on a desert island?

Hiram – Oh shiiiitttt. Ok, Album- yikes what a question. Ok I know....A Death Is Only the
Beginning Compilation! They have what, close to 30 songs of different bands? That’ll do Wink
That’s kind of cheating though. How about Summoning-Dol Guldur
Movie-The Big Lebowski, I don’t think that movie ever gets old!
Book- For obvious reasons any Military survival book.

GC – If you could sum up Thousand Year War as a comic super hero or villain who would it be and why?

Hiram – I honestly don’t know how to answer that one hahaha. I’m really not sure. Let me thing on that one Wink

GC – What is your favourite snack?

Hiram – Alder smoked sockeye salmon bellies, so sweet and delicious. Sounds gross I know, but trust me they are the best. Reindeer sticks are my favourite too!

GC – What is your true inspiration for life at the moment?

Hiram – Spending time with my two kids and wife, being at the farm we live at. Nice and peaceful! Playing the guitar and learning as many new songs and techniques as I can. Working on new music and practicing/writing lyrics for the new EP Vulture Eyes. I really want people to be inspired by my words and encouraged to break away from this mind controlled society. Also trying hard to get live session members in Northern California!! Want to get TYW out live badly! Concentrating on working as little as possible and getting myself and family self-reliant and able to live without stores, shitty jobs, horrible media and all the other trappings of the modern day world. Also playing a lot of disc golf, love that sport!!

GC – What band or bands are you listening to the most at the moment?

Hiram – Amorphis, they really improved drastically after kind of a lull. Awesome band. Always tuning into Abyss Records bands. A lot of doom metal. Iron Maiden.
Rotting Christ. Always have loved them. AELO, great album! Ceremonial Castings and some of Nordman and Wardruna. Waking up to Wardruna is always nice in the country. And some Diabolical (rapper), not that into rap but I love the lyrics.

GC – Thank you so much for giving Grave Concerns this interview, is there anything you would like to add?

Hiram –Thank you and hails to Grave Concerns!!!! Thanks to all of TYW’s loyal fans out there download our demo for free on the TYW site and like our Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/tyrantsandmen

Please support us and our great label Abyss Records.... Question everything, rebel, and live free!

http://www.officialabyssrecords.com
http://www.thousandyearwar.com

Thanks so much and good luck with Tyrants and Men

Interview link: http://graveconcernsezine.com/interviews/heavy-metal-gothic-metal-black-metal/3230-interview-thousand-year-war-from-solitude-to-brutal-metal.html

Thousand Year War links:

Official Website: http://thousandyearwar.com/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/tyrantsandmen

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/thousandyearwar

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase THOUSAND YEAR WAR - Tyrants and Men DIGI CD and other THOUSAND YEAR WAR merchandise go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=thousand+year+war

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOlEjPkRPHE
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

DARKTHRONE - TOTAL DEATH DOUBLE CD - $14.00 + S/H

DISC: 1
1. Earth's Last Picture
2. Blackwinged
3. Gather for Attack on the Pearly Gates
4. Black Victory of Death
5. Majestic Desolate Eye
6. Blasphemer
7. Ravnajuv
8. The Serpents Harvest

DISC: 2
"Total Death" featuring commentary from Nocturno and Fenriz

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_73&products_id=10415
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

MAAX (U.S.) Six Pack Witchcraft DIGI CD EP review by http://chaosvault.com

By chaosvault

Already I begin to honestly wonder if I am a jebnięty. Different labels podsyłają various publishing houses, advertising them as revelations of the decade. And I did. And here comes this little shallow, an unknown band, and I'm like odsłuchując podjarany boar.
And that was even then. A thousand times the man had heard these things. Simple as construction cepa, oklepne back as a farmhand. For this name taken from a kiosk cheap deodorant Movement. Maax . For this first issue of this epce is entitled "Die By The Ax '" and that's at all beats me surreptitious. Especially the guys with Maax not look at these men ucacanych fragrant metals, contemplate what it sounds bride in his arms. Unless the chosen one is entered in the proof of Jack Daniels. At least so I conclude with "Six Pack Witchcraft", because my ear dosłyszało bands influences here, which is not going to dislike. The Crown - in the title track, for example, very audible. Nocturnal Breed - in the rest. Just as classic as Motörhead and Venom. All suffused with black metal sauce slightly. Motility riffs, simple songs, rude and crude play ... Hell Yeah! Maybe I'm very picky, do not appreciate art, but this Maax is a metal whore of flesh and blood! And many will listen to him and say "what it sees dong this?". I wonder too. But enough that fires the EP was, and gets a sudden attack of ADHD. Me that's enough. For the guys look like dads Hellstorma. Well I tell you, as a metal mug shot!
Okay, I will not persuade you to seek the board, because it seems to dog the doghouse. Who knows what it was, probably looking for this album since April, when it was released "Six Pack Witchcraft."

Rating: 9/10

This review was originally written in Polish and has been translated using Goggle Translate. To view the original review in Polish click the link below...

Review link: http://chaosvault.com/recenzje/maax-six-pack-witchcraft/

Maax links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/maaxmetal

Facebook: www.facebook.com/maaxmetal

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/maax

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase MAAX - Six Pack Witchcraft DIGI CD EP and other Maax merchandise go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=maax

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNCctZobOE

and to preview a song from their debut album "Dawnbringer" go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNDPFcYcdw

To preview a song from "Unholy Rock and Roll" go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh4glzcSu1A
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAOSSWORN (Sweden) Chalice of Black Flames CD EP review by http://pestwebzine.ucoz.com

By Alrinack

Chaossvorn is an excellent Swedish band, and they propose to us, with their debut cd "Chalice of Black Flames”, a really intersting music!! The duration of this opus is aproximatly 15 minutes, but 15 minutes of melodic hate!! At first, we can listen a very good production, tainted by the legendary Swedish touch.. the three compositions are finely structured, the guitars are present without being deafening, while having this massive and aggressive focus! Earlier, guttural voices, sometimes black, bring their share of hate and no compromise!
We can, through this mini cd, imagine what could be an album.. a longer burst of catchy riffs, intertwined with tempos ranging from semi grind, to post punk, cyclic up sometimes dooms heaviest.. This is, in any case, the feeling given to me by these three titles!
I will continue to follow this band, and I invite any big fan of Swedish metal to support Chaossvorn! They are signed to Abyss Records, which is not innocent .. this label is deemed to sniff out promising bands and I think that once again we can trust them!

Review link: http://pestwebzine.ucoz.com/index/october_2010/0-231

Chaossworn links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/chaossworn

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Chaossworn/167302977421

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/chaossworn

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase CHAOSSWORN - Chalice of Black Flames CD EP and other CHAOSSWORN merchandise go to: http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=chaossworn

To preview a song go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZR_svLB6yM
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

ENTRENCH - INEVITABLE DECAY T-SHIRT (S - XXXL) - $15.00 + S/H

FRONT:

BACK:

LEFT SLEEVE:

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=entrench+shirt&x=11&y=9
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BODYFARM (Netherlands) - Bodyfarm CD EP review by HatredMeansWar

By OccultBlackMetal

Bodyfarm are a band from the Netherlands that plays a very brutal form of death metal and this is a review of their self titled 2011 album which was released by Abyss Records.

Drums range from midpaced to fast drumming with alot of brutal blast beats, while the bass playing has a very dark tone which is kind of mixed down low in the mix and seems to follow the riffing that is coming out of the guitars and on the last song they sound very powerful.

Rhythm guitars range from midpaced to fast death metal riffs that also have a thrash edge at times and you can hear all of the 90's influences in the music, while the lead guitars are very chaotic sounding death metal guitar solos.

Vocals are mostly deep death metal growls, while the lyrics touch on war style themes, as for the production it has a very heavy and professional feel to it with the music sounding very 90s sounding and brutal.

In my opinion Bodyfarm are a very good classic sounding death metal band and if you are a fan of this style, you should check out this band. RECEMMONDED TRACKS INCLUDE "Bodyfarm" and "Slaves Of War". RECEMMONDED BUY.

Review link: http://hatredmeanswar3.blogspot.com/

Bodyfarm Links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/bodyfarmnl

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/bodyfarmnl

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase BODYFARM - Bodyfarm CD EP and other BODYFARM merchandise go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bodyfarm

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4M4NwkjrWU
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pasadena+combo

Last edited by MichaelMcCoyII on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Diabolical (Sweden) Ars Vitae CD review by www.hellridemusicforums.com

By Janet Willis

Diabolical – Ars Vitae

Instantly this one caught me by the throat and a with a swift crack across my skull it was apparent that nothing else sounds entirely like Diabolical and they embody that title to the fullest extent possible. Part technical death metal, skilled and unique, unpredictable, and yet so smooth and perfectly executed like a surgical incision, this band brings fury and unrelenting chaos back to the melodic and often abused technical/prog element in death/black metal. The symphonic elements only amplify the certain grim and suspenseful atmospheres in each track, sort of like the intro to a great horror film with images of mutilation and abominations being exacted as the story unfolds. There’s also a slight post-industrial feel in some of the effects that give some of the tracks a masochistic and mildewed grey cement dungeon, regardless of what the hell this band does on here, it creates a massive collision of brutality and skill that rivals many and proves that not all things melodic/symphonic/cinematic are wasteland of sorrow and pity, this is an asshole ripper!!!!!! Think technical on the level of mid to late era Death (Symbolic, The Sound of Perseverence, Individual Thought Patterns), some Amorphis, and you’ll get the idea of where the skill and brutality fuse perfectly

Opening up with the eerie neo classical horror film intro of “Ortus”, you instantly know you’re treading in dangerous crimson saturated waters lit with the bright yellow and orange flames that scour the Earth as the war rages on through “Sightless 6”. The intricate arpeggios and melodic lines beneath the fury and pestilence of this track lead you further into some violent apocalyptic scenario full of blood and metal clashing.

“InFuitable Fatum” starts in from some hollow distance, somehow reverberating through a haze of death from the silence and sudden vanishing left by the ending of the previous track “Sightless 6”. Slowly the single solo guitar becomes clearer and nearer like a stalking threat about to become materialized and your skin tingles as the suspense builds through desolate melodic bits and more elements add as you get closer to the climax which explodes upon you with full force and makes your heart skip a beat or two.

Now we come to the all powerful “Eye” with lyrics about the “…crack of a whip beats you into submission…” , “…I see through all your lies…” , “…surrender to emptiness…” just makes my decision on this one easier as a masterpiece of its own creating and highly recommended to everyone who wants something genuine, melodic, aggressive and brutal, seething with hate, but with clean production and graceful deliverance as opposed to raw and bare. This motherfucker is one of those tracks that actually leaves you hanging because nothing else in your mind will compare to the rush you’ve experienced through this 6 minutes of misanthropy and overthrowing submission and ignorance.

“Guidance of Sin” takes a raw and occultic, yet violent black metal sound in vocal style and keeping with the symphonic and technical this track completely restores your faith in the lack of faith in humanity and could possibly even cause injuries to those around you as it inspires you to thrash about and take revenge.

All in all, if you’re going to be a true individualist, this will be a great anthem to further ignite your rebellious nature. Question everything and accept nothing as pure truth, even though hopefully I’ll be convincing enough to get you to consider this release, plus it will obliviate you both physically and mentally!!!!!

Review link: www.hellridemusicforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=395217#post395217

Diabolical links:

Official Website: http://diabolical.se/

Myspace: www.myspace.com/religionist

Official Facebook: www.facebook.com/diabolicalofficial

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/diabolicalswe

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase DIABOLICAL - Ars Vitae CD go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=10307

To preview a song go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg35q4yfLE
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

BANE - SERPENT (WHITE) T-SHIRT (M - XXXL) - $15.00 + S/H

ONE SIDED DESIGN !!!!

FRONT:

LEFT SLEEVE:

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=BANE+-+SERPENT&x=4&y=10
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FESTER Reveals Artwork for A Celebration Of Death; New Song Now Streaming At Bravewords.com

Norwegian pioneers in Blackened Death metal, Fester have revealed the cover art and tracklisting for their forthcoming new album, A Celebration Of Death. The band's first offering of new material in 17 years, A Celebration Of Death will be out in early 2012 through Abyss Records. In an exclusive premier, Bravewords.com is now streaming the track "Rites of Ceres." Visit www.bravewords.com/knuckletracks/?tid=639 to experience the return of Fester!

The cover for A Celebration Of Death was painted by artist Eliran Kantor (Testament, Sodom, Atheist, Sigh, Anacrusis). The rest of the layout was done by Joce of Industrie Chimere Noire (Portal, Ghäst, Total Holocaust). The core members of the band, bassist Jon Bakker (Kampfar), vocalist Thomas Andersen and guitarist/vocalist Bjørn "Tiger" Mathisen, all made the following comments regarding the album,
"A Celebration Of Death is a whirl of flavours hitting you all at once. All the varieties makes you spin the tracks over and over again. A real treat for the fans of Black, Death and Doom. The mix of musicians makes everything really original, but all in all Fester reeks through it all." - Jon Bakker
"For me personally, A Celebration of Death has the ultimate lyrics evolving the theme of death, and it manages to pull all my aggression just to the edge, without turning over " - Thomas Andresen
"Have you ever felt the sensation of darkness and death embracing you, and that you actually welcome it? Like love, death comes in all different shapes and sizes, and I really feel that we have captured our feelings around the theme. It's darker and more melancholic than our previous releases, but it's FESTER no doubt!" - Bjørn "Tiger" Mathisen

Rites of Ceres
The black tower
March of death
I'll hunt you down
Metalized
Jeg spytter på deg
Last day of battle Pt.I
Last day of battle Pt.II
A Face for a funeral (bonus)
Rites of Mortiis (Remix of Ceres by Mortiis)

In addition to Bakker, Andersen Mathisen, A Celebration Of Death also features Audun Kleive (session drums), Raymond Pellicer (additional guitars, programming and synth), Eivind Aarseth (additional guitars), Guido Saint Roch (guest vocals on "Metalized") and Mortiis (Dark Converter). For more on Fester, visit the band's Facebook page. Norway's atmospheric masters have returned to once again change the face of black/death metal. Prepare yourselves...
www.myspace.com/festernorway
www.officialabyssrecords.com

Scott Alisoglu / Ryan Ogle
Clawhammer PR
www.myspace.com/clawhammerpr
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

HYPERBOREAN (Sweden) - The Spirit of Warfare CD review by www.hellridemusicforums.com

By Janet Willis

Hyperborean – The Spirit of Warfare

Melodic black metal without waning to the emotional and introspective side is the first thing that comes to mind. The basic rhythm guitar work is still skeletal, but the use of proper production and some great leads and melodic work really makes the track three dimensional without losing that cryptic and sinister feel necessary to the style and bands sound.

Another thing that comes to mind is the lack of filler, droning atmospherics, over the top symphonics, and predictability. This band still captures the old school feel of isolation and vehemence and sounds as though it’s a war ritual being performed and vowed right before the attacks commence in some bunker in the forest, but somehow these tracks sound fresh and unique while still holding true to their roots. Parts of tracks like “Killing Grounds” have a majestic pagan war feel in breaks between the shouts of war and vengeance and the use of a piano keyboard style as opposed to a straight synth really cranks the intensity up a notch. Whether the sound makes other non suspecting observers stop and say “Whoa…that’s pretty damn awesome…” or turn and run away from the buzzing chainsaw guitars and overwhelming atmosphere of darkness and aggression, you’re sense will be stimulated to full extent so don’t pass this one up.

Review link: www.hellridemusicforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=395217#post395217

Hyperborean links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/hyperboreanofficial

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/hyperboreanofficial

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase HYPERBOREAN - The Spirit of Warfare CD go to:
www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=10305

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4NkpxSrIjE
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

ASKIVAL - ETERNITY CD - $10.00 + S/H

1. Gathering the Clans
2. Last March of the White Wolves
3. Elderpath
4. Forged in the Fires of Alba
5. Destiny
6. Sorrow of the Sun
7. Legion of Wotan
8. Field of Thistles & Ancient Echoes
9. Whispers in the Breeze
10. Eternity

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_73&products_id=6270
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIATION SICKNESS (U.S.) Interview by http://nuclfuneral.blogspot.com

We Are All The Victims: An Interview with Doug Palmer from Radiation Sickness

Who was the band that you first heard that made you realize 'metal is law'?

Thinking way back I got the wrong present for Christmas when I was a tad little kid. It was AC/DC's "Let there be Rock". I was hooked. It was down or up hill from then. I just looked for anything and everything. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer then that nasty little thing called crossover Cryptic Slaughter and so on. Napalm Death, Carcass it has never stopped. This shit is in us it is our outlet. This dark ass music does not kill us or make us kill. It keeps us alive.

At what point did you realize you wanted to start/join a band and cover the mic with phlegm?

I have no clue it was an accident. I have never been shy to say the least. I like to write words first of all. I suffer from very bad depression. I do not see the light. I like to express this. Me and Ryan Rollins ( RIP Brother )was hanging one day jamming to Discharge and said lets do this. We did.

Explain what the metal/punk scene was like in Indianapolis during the 80's.

I loved it. There where five bands. Zero Boys (Legends) Drop Dead good friends early death metal, The mighty Hardcore Transgression (everyband tried to sound like them coming up) and Bluck pure angry punk. We started up in 87 with this grinding raw crusty sound like none of the others. The scene was good, the scene was drunk and loved fast heavy music. After 89 we spent more time on the road then Indy only played there a couple times a year. My last show in Indy was with Repulsion, Radiation Sickness and Impetigo. People still talk about it 20 years later.

What were the circumstances that led to the formation of 'Radiation Sickness' and what were some of the collective influences of the band at the time?

Four kids with nothing going for them and no future that did not fit in anywhere is what led to Radiation Sickness.
Addiction, Depression, broke, pissed off. It was an outlet a way to tell our story. Of the three guys I started the band with one killed himself in 1989 the other I dont even want to talk about. We had influences from The Acussed, Fear, Slayer, Onslaught, Impluse Manslaughter. GBH, Discharge, Deviated Instinct, Venom, Motorhead, Black Flag and just a life around us.

Tell me a little about the recording and release of the band's first two demos, 'We are all the victims' and 'Elvis aint Dead'.

We are all the victims was fun as hell, but the sound was crap to say the least. A stupid four track in a garage. We did not have a drummer so Matt Price played drumms. People loved it minus the hissing sound of air. Elvis aint dead we did that on a 8 track. Mike Herald was now our drummer and still is to this day. This was more grindy you could see the english crust coming out. people took to this well, we was on the scene in Indy. We played all over the state many times for 10 people but we played man we fucking played. We sold a shit load off them.

In those early days, what were the long term goals of the band? Where and how far did you expect to take things?

We never had goals. We wanted to get drunk play music, meet cool people and hot goth girls. We wanted to put a record out play bigger shows but no goals.

Tell me a little about the 'Bound of Reality' EP and your experience with 'Putrefaction records.

I got a letter from Andre one day asking me about a seven inch. I said hell yes. He was a very nice guy easy to deal with. We went into a real studio and recorded. Took our time sent him the master. He sent us a bunch of 7 inches and people our way for promotions. I would like to find him again.

How did the performance at the infamous 'Day of death' fest in Buffalo come about?

We had been playing with our pals from Flint Repulsion a lot and doing the east coast thing with Phlegm (Jim Fleet get in touch with me). Busting our ass on the road all the time having fun. I was trading tapes with all the guys from all the bands out there. The guy from Baphomet called said he is doing a fest you wanna do it. I said uuuhhhhhhhh yes. It was one of the best days of my life. Just hanging and watching all the bands I loved and friends everywhere. That is one thing about Radiation Sickness we can play a metal fest, Punk fest, Crust fest or Grind. We have or own sound. Kids today here ask about because it is that in the Cannibal Corpse video or see the flyer in books and ask me about that show.

Were there any bands that you guys played alongside that knocked your socks off?

Repulsion, Impetigo, Phlegm. Everyband at the Day of Death. Rednecks in Pain, Skeletal Earth. Dead Horse, Hellnation, AC (RIP Seth).
Since we have been back. The Dockers
Johnny Vommit, The mighty Demiricous and The Daisy Cutters (sick shit). I have played with so many bands over the years and I have made friends with someone in every band.

Did you guys realize at the time the historical signifigance of that event?

No I did not. Trust me I do know now. I get asked questions about it all the time. Our drummer still has two of the shirts with all the bands logos on the back.

Around the same time as the 'Day of death' fest you guys recorded the 'The Other Me - A Journey Into Insanity' EP. Can you give me a little background on that time?

It is a classic but not many made it into the states. I love the record my best work on lyrics, our most crust metal stuff ever. It was released as a full length LP. I left the band to further my life with school not long after the release. I did not push it. It was fun to record I loved it, great reviews but when I left the drive was gone. The good news The other me will be re-released with our new CD on Abyss records coming out around Fall 2012. Hell Yezzzz.

Shortly after or during that same time, you guys did two split 7"s, one, a four way with 'Shud', 'Nomicon' and 'Nocturn' and the other with 'Wartburgs für Walter', 'Lost' and 'Horse Laugh'. How did these come about and were you pleased with the way things turned out?

I think these are bootlegs. None of the guys in the band know about them. If one is on Panx records we gave Panx the ok to do it. I love split sevens we have a couple in the works now. I would like to get my hands on the ones above just for my collection. If anybody wants to put out a Radiation Sickness split seven get in touch with me. We will just want like 25 coppies. If you have the of the above stuff please let me know, indycardoug38@yahoo.com.

What were the events that led to the initial demise of the band?

I had to move on with my life. I got mad about something (not any of the guys). Got burnt out, needed a plan for my life. They went on after me for a short period. I did not talk to anyone in the band for 16 years after I left. So what they did I do not know.

I understand R.S. released a demo with a different vocalist during the mid 90's. Do you have any thoughts on that period of the band?

It was Mike and Ricky doing vocals. I did not hear until we planned on doing the one time re-union gig a tad over a year ago. I have no idea what the band did when I was out. I think they just played the bar scene.

In 2005 you guys released the 'Circle of Sickness (1988-1990)' spanning just about the entire career of the band. How did the idea to do this come about and were you pleased with the end result?

Again I had no idea about this. This was done by Byron Holton the Bass player and my best chum and Docker's singer Mike Rippy. It is DIY for sure. It was cool as fuck Byron made 50 copies at the back from the dead show and sold them all . I am looking for someone to re-release "Elvis aint dead and The Bounds of Reality on a lp. Two songs will have to be cut off the Elvis aint Dead. I aint naming names no more. I have something to be sued for!! Haha

What led to the resurrection of the band in 2010 and what does the future hold for Radiation Sickness?

A one time show "Back from the dead show". I started hanging with my chums agian after 16 years. All of us are back but one Ricky Callaway on Guitar. We now have Tom Ball on guitar and this is much better for the band he is as driven as I am and has been a friend since day one. Mike Herald is still on drums and the Legend Byron Holton on Bass. One show got it back in my blood. We just finished recording our first studio record in 20 years (all songs but one written 91-92. It will be called
"Reflections of a Psychotic Past" The 1990 LP "The other me a journey into insanity" will also be released on it. It will be put out on Abyss Records.
http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/. We will Play Indy three times a year. We are on three Metal fests in 2012, plus doing some big one off shows. It is in my blood. I love it and if we are not on stage I am up agianst the stage watching the other bands.

Alright Doug, thanks a million for your time and timely answers, any last words of wisdom?

Stay sick and stay true to your black heart. Life is too short. I am 42 now and having the time of my life. If you want to reach me for shows or radio promo kits you can at indycardoug38@yahoo.com. I have also attached our FB link. https://www.facebook.com/#!/RadiationDoug Lets have A Day of Death two! Thank you my life time brother.

Interview link: http://nuclfuneral.blogspot.com/2011/11/we-are-all-victims-interview-with-doug.html

Radiation Sickness links:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/RadiationDoug

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/radiationdoug

Abyss Records links:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 9 of 166

Jump to: